Founded in 1833, Mercer University is one of America’s oldest and most distinctive universities. Mercer offers more than 130 academic programs ranging from undergraduate liberal arts to doctoral-level degrees
• 60+ undergraduate majors
• Bachelor’s degrees offered
• 2,700+ students
• 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio
• Average class size of 21
• Campus in Macon, Georgia
GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL
• 70+ graduate and professional programs
• Master’s, post-master’s certificate, doctoral, and professional degrees offered
• 4,000+ students
• Campuses in Macon, Atlanta, and Savannah, Georgia
Mercer Bears are inquisitive, passionate, and dynamic. They are adventurous, fierce, and driven to succeed. Mercer Bears excel academically and strive to make a positive impact on everyone around them. They think globally, and after graduation, can be found making a positive difference all over the world.
EXPECT ONLY THE BEST AT MERCER UNIVERSITY:
• Innovative academic programs
• Unparalleled faculty mentorship (no teaching assistants)
• Cutting-edge undergraduate research
• Outstanding campus facilities
• Winning NCAA Division I athletics
• Bustling student life scene with 140 organizations
• Worldwide network of 71,000+ alumni
See for yourself!
Mercer offers distinctive academic and experiential opportunities for leadership and service-learning that move the classroom out into the world to make an immediate impact.
Mercer’s GUARANTEED ADMISSION PROGRAM provides qualified undergraduate students with a competitive edge over other applicants for these GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL DEGREE PROGRAMS:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Doctor of Pharmacy
• Doctor of Physical Therapy
• Juris Doctor
• Master of Accountancy
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Medical Sciences/ Physician Assistant
Each program has specific requirements.
• Liberal Arts
• Business & Economics
• Health Professions
• Leadership and Professional Studies (Evening, Weekend, & Online)
Earn multiple degrees and Intership Experience and Research
Earn multiple degrees in less time:
• 5-year bachelor of business administration + master of accountancy
• 5-year bachelor of business administration + master of business administration
• 5-year bachelor of science in engineering + master of science in engineering
• 6-year bachelor of science/bachelor of arts + law degree
Mercer’s dual-degree graduate programs help student diversify their skill set by earning two complementary degrees—such as a law degree along with a master of business administration—that prepare graduates more comprehensively for their chosen profession.
Mercer students have recently interned with top industry names like the American Red Cross, Google, Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, and The Coca-Cola Company.
Students in all fields of study have many opportunities to conduct cutting-edge research at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional level. Our students are currently collaborating side-by-side with respected faculty members on real issues in science, technology, economics, and more:
• Seeking better treatments for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes
• Exploring pathways to provide electricity for schools in rural Africa
• Developing affordable prosthetics for amputees in Vietnam
Mercer Bears are Passionate Leaders.
The Mercer brand of leadership is built on our core values of service, integrity, and advocacy. For decades, Mercer graduates have gone on to hold positions of leadership—locally and globally—where they can advocate for positive change. Notable Mercer alumni include 12 governors, four United States senators, a U.S. attorney general, and numerous professionals and innovators. Mercer Bears collaborate frequently to raise awareness—and standards—and evoke global change.
Recent student-faculty initiatives include:
• College Hill Alliance, driving economic progress in Macon, Georgia
• Caring for Creation, encouraging action on climate change issues
• Local Engagement Against Poverty (LEAP), addressing the needs of the community
the University’s most distinctive program, empowers students to use the expertise gained from the classroom and lab research to travel abroad and help others around the world. Mercer students and faculty have traveled to nearly 30 countries around the globe, providing medical care, relief assistance, and education.
There’s never an “average” day in Bear Territory:
• When it comes to campus life, our Bears love to get involved, balancing academics with membership in 140 student organizations.
• When you have a Bear’s busy schedule, it’s very convenient to live on campus. Mercer’s residence halls and apartments offer our Bears a variety of habitats and amenities.
• Mercer is a proud, longtime member of NCAA Division I athletics, and most of the Bears’ 18 men’s and women’s sports compete in the historic Southern
• Students enjoy cheering the Bears’ athletic teams on to victory. Attend any game on campus, and you’ll see plenty of school spirit. You will see students wearing Mercer’s official colors: orange and black. And you will feel the excitement of Bear Territory.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
The mission of the English Language Institute of Mercer University is to empower international students to develop the English language proficiency necessary for personal, academic, and professional success. In addition, the faculty and staff of the ELI strive to provide a tolerant and supportive community in which students are encouraged to develop cross-cultural friendships, engage in service, and explore concepts of global citizenship and international cooperation.
• Founded in 1986
• Led by highly qualified faculty with advanced degrees in language training
• Seven levels of instruction
• New sessions begin every eight weeks
• Average class size of 16
• TOEFL and IELTS scores waived for University admission with ELI Certificate of Completion
• Access to Mercer student amenities and services, such as cafeteria, gym, on-campus housing, library, and student activities
• Located on Mercer’s Atlanta campus, a serene, secure campus environment just minutes from downtown Atlanta
• Offers customizable instruction for special groups
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS
Mercer Bears don’t just learn. They master. They don’t just accomplish. They thrive. They don’t just compete. They dominate. Mercer Bears command respect and walk with confidence. They are distinguished leaders. Movers and shakers. Real-life difference makers.
A Mercer degree is an important investment that impacts the rest of your life. Mercer helps students build a strong foundation for success by awarding four-year merit scholarships to eligible students, based on academic credentials.
Join our email list to receive more information about Mercer University and our admissions process. Complete and submit the Request Info form on the following page, and we’ll keep you posted on important dates, special opportunities, and other need-to-know details.
The best way to see if Mercer feels right for you is to visit in person. Walk around campus, and talk to our students and professors. Schedule your personal visit to Mercer at visit.mercer.edu .
We are looking for students who have a proven record of academic achievement combined with personal characteristics of motivation, dedication, curiosity, creativity, and compassion that drive them to excel in their endeavors and lead with integrity.
If you’re ready to become a Mercer student, apply today to the program of your choice:
– Contact: Christopher Briggs, Senior Assistant Director of Admissions and International Recruitment, 478.301.2653, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Contact: Cem Turan, International Admissions Counselor, 678-547-6157, email@example.com
– Graduate admissions are processed by each individual program
English Language Proficiency
Students who meet all admissions requirements except English language proficiency may gain admission to their degree program at Mercer with successful completion of the ELI program.